Learn how to draw a ladybug with more detail than just a red body and some black spots. There’s a lot more to them than that.
Mix a little science and art by drawing a ladybug with all her cool details.
For starters, did you know her seven black dots are symmetrical, and her legs have sections and curved feet? Drawing is all about noticing the details, so this is a good place to start.
After your ladybug is drawn, consider painting her a color other than red. Did you know there are about 5000 different species, including those that are black, orange, and even pink?
This tutorial comes from my “Botanicals, Fish & Insects” ebook located in my PDF Shop. Click on the link or ebook to learn more.
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
- Draw guide lines with a pencil. Draw the “pronotum”.
- Draw the “elytra” below.
- Add the head and antennae.
- Draw two front legs.
- Add two middle legs.
- Add back legs and seven spots.
- Trace with a black crayons. Paint the elytra red (or another color?).
- Add more red to one side to make a shadow.
- Paint the rest black, and the background a contrasting color.
Submit your review