Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Kitten and a Kitten Coloring Page. One way to learn how to draw a kitten is to make a cat with slightly larger head. It happens to also be a good lesson in proportion.
Students that love to draw all things anime, may really enjoy this new kitten tutorial. The slightly larger head gives it a very kitten kind of look, and provides lots of room for some large cartoon-style eyes. The big black pupils and white shiny spots look just like lots of adorable animals seen in those Japanese style cartoons.
Also. just a reminder that this dark rich orange cat and lush green surroundings were colored with super expensive …. crayons. Just kidding! Only with ordinary ones and lots of elbow grease. It’s just making the case again that really colorful drawings can be made with the a simple Sharpie can box of Crayolas.
Use Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Kitten Coloring Page
Materials for How to Draw a Lion
- Black Sharpie Marker (affiliate link)
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Step by Step Directions for How to Draw a Lion
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw a Kitten
- Draw the head shape shown.
- Start the two large eyes.
- Finish the eyes as shown.
- Add the mouth, nose, whiskers.
- Draw two ears.
- Draw the two front legs.
- Add the back legs and tail.
- Erase lines, add background.
- Trace with marker and color.