Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Fat Cat and a Fat Cat Coloring Page. The shapes don’t get much easier than this.
Learning how to draw a fat cat is another great project for beginners. The simple face, round body parts and focus on the front feet of this cat make him or her very drawable. There are not a lot of details to get lost in. In fact, those that finish early may want to add some extra texture lines, in both the fur and the grass.
Note: Not all crayons will show up when you color with one over another. I get the best results with the Crayola brand on the paper first, and then the Prang brand on top. The Crayola ones seem to make a more slippery surface, and the Prang have a little more grit, similar to oil pastels. When you need really rich colors, reach for them!
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Fat Cat Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. Don’t waste your money on the cheapest brand. These make nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. The perfect medium size tip marker for tracing.
- Prang Crayons. I like this eco-friendly brand.
- Crayola Crayons. There are a few colors that I use from this brand all the time too.
- Note: All of these are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions to Draw a Fat Cat
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw an easy Fat Cat
- Draw a nose and mouth below.
- Draw a head around the mouth.
- Add two eyes.
- Add whiskers and ears.
- Draw a body behind the head.
- Add two front legs and toes.
- Finish back of body.
- Add tail and grass.
- Trace with marker and color.