When you draw a cartoon cat face, you have permission to exaggerate all the features and get creative with the colors too. No need for brown and gray kitties here.
This cat has all the things I try to include in my drawing tutorials for elementary students:
- Simple shapes, so you can say “draw a U shape” or “draw an oval”, for instructions.
- A push towards a cartoon style, which encourages creativity more than realism.
- Large scale, to help students step outside of their tendency to draw small.
Those three reasons alone would make this cat fun for all ages, but a chance to make those rather anime-looking eyes, with the highlight spots that so many young artists are aware of these days? That just adds a cherry on top.
Pin me to your Pinterest Board
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Materials for How to Draw a Cartoon Cat Face
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Directions for How to Draw a Cartoon Cat Face Step by Step
Time needed: 1 hour.
Draw a Cartoon Cat Face
- Draw an oval.
- Add the nose and mouth lines.
- Draw two eyes.
- Start head and ears.
- Connect the ears. Draw a neck.
- Add ear details and eyebrows.
- Add head stripes.
- Draw whiskers. Add shiny spots to the eyes.
- Trace with a marker and color.