When you draw a cartoon cat face, you have complete permission to exaggerate all his features, and get creative with the colors too. No need for only brown and gray kitties here.
This cat has all the things I try to include in my drawing tutorials for elementary students:
- Simple shapes, as in “draw a U shape” or “draw an oval”, etc.
- A push towards a cartoon style, which encourages creativity more than realism.
- Large scale, to help students step outside of their tendency to draw small.
Those three reasons alone would make this cat fun for all ages, but a chance to make those rather anime-looking eyes, with the highlight spots that so many young artists are aware of these days, just adds a cherry on the top. Try this out with a room full 25 students and I bet by the time you are done, no two are alike!
- Cartoon Cat Face PDF Tutorial
- Drawing paper
- Black Sharpie marker, fine tip
Time needed: 1 hour.
Draw a Cartoon Cat Face
- Draw an oval.
- Add the nose and mouth lines.
- Draw two eyes.
- Start head and ears.
- Connect the ears. Draw a neck.
- Add ear details and eyebrows.
- Add head stripes.
- Draw whiskers. Add shiny spots to the eyes.
- Trace with a marker and color.