This snail craft was inspired by a cake decoration found over on Pinterest. I love how simple it is to make something look real, just maybe prettier colors.
The simple little creations found in cake decorating sites are perfect for kids to imitate with Model Magic instead of fondant. Pinterest and cake decorating are my “go to” searches when I need to find something new. And with all my repeat after school Model Magic students, I am forever in need of new ideas.
• Model Magic, main color and white
• Plastic beverage cup and lid for storage
1. Start with a main color of Model Magic, and mix part of it with a lot of white Model Magic.
2. Roll the mixed color to make a tall snake with one flat and one pointy end.
3. Roll the snake to make a shell.
4. Form a snail body. Attach the shell. Add small antennae.