Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial video for how to draw a House with a Car and a House Coloring Page.
House and a Car Drawing
House Drawing Tutorial Video
Need some new ideas for drawing a house? This tutorial starts with a basic house shape, but then adds a pretty entryway for the front door and a garage for the car. Add to that some sidewalks that have a bit of perspective (with angled lines) and you have a the beginnings of a very pretty house drawing.
When students get to the coloring stage, encourage them to think of paint colors that have a theme and are pleasing to look at. It’s never too early introduce the world of architectural design, and the concepts that architects must think of when designing a new home.
Join “The Daily Draw” below to get this free download!
House and a Car Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions
Time needed: 45 minutes
Draw a House and a Car
- Draw the outline of the main house.
- Add the garage.
- Draw the front entry.
- Add windows (make them look balanced!).
- Draw a car in the garage.
- Add lawn lines and a mailbox.
- Add some landscaping.
- Finish with trees in the background.
- Trace with a marker and color.