Learn how to draw a house in the suburbs with stylish windows, attached garage and pretty landscaping. Easy step by step directions will show you how.
Need some new ideas for drawing a house? This tutorial starts with a basic house shape, but then adds a pretty entryway for the front door and a garage for the car. Add to that some sidewalks that have a bit of perspective (with angled lines) and you have a the beginnings of a very pretty house drawing.
When students get to the coloring stage, encourage them to think of paint colors that have a theme and are pleasing to look at. It’s never too early introduce the world of architectural design, and the concepts that architects must think of when designing a new home.
- Draw a House in the Suburbs PDF (click to download)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 45 minutes.
Draw a House in the Suburbs
- Draw the outline of the main house.
- Add the garage.
- Draw the front entry.
- Add windows (make them look balanced!).
- Draw a car in the garage.
- Add lawn lines and a mailbox.
- Add some landscaping.
- Finish with trees in the background.
- Trace with a marker and color.