Every fall I look for a new twist in portrait drawing for kids. I like this one as the fold line guides will force them to fill their paper.
- Half Portrait Tutorial (see below)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
- Fold paper in half three times to create crease guide lines.
- Draw the half portrait according to the instructions on the tutorial. Note that many of the features of the face are meant to fall right on the crease lines. This will be a big help in making a well-proportioned face.
- Trace all the final art with a marker.
- Color in with crayons. Two-tone letters are fun to add a little bit of a graffiti look.
Join my email list to download this tutorial and receive receive updates on new projects and special promotions.