When you want to learn how to draw a lion that looks more like the real awesome thing, try this step by step tutorial.
This tutorial will take you through the steps of drawing lion that shows more of their strong bodies. You can even wait to the last step to decide if you want to make it male or female by adding or skipping the large mane.
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you
Time needed: 1 hour.
Draw a Lion
- Draw a flattened oval.
- Start the head on one side.
- Finish chin, and eye, nose, ear for female.
- Draw two legs on the close side.
- Draw two legs on the far side.
- Draw mane for a male, or skip for female.
- Erase extra lines, and add background.
- Trace with black marker and color.
Drawing a Cartoon Lion
Younger artist may prefer a lion that is really simple, for some quicker results.
- Baby Lion PDF Tutorial
- Drawing paper
- Black Sharpie marker, fine tip
Draw a Circle Lion
I found this super easy lion drawing in an Ed Emberley book. Love its simplicity!
Keep this idea in your head if you are ever trying to entertain a 6 year-old for a few minutes. The simplicity of it always seems to peak their curiosity.
Or give students a large sheet of paper and a template to trace the three circles. Drawing a coloring a large lion face will add a thrill to any kinder art class.