Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Lion for Kids and a Lion Coloring Page.
Easy Lion Drawing
Lion Drawing for Kids Video
This How to draw a Lion for Kids tutorial has my favorite combination of features — a simple symmetrical face, and a sideways body. The easy face helps everyone get off to a good start, with its simple matching features, while the profile body helps students see the front and back legs and tail of the lion.
He’s the perfect project for when your students still enjoy the cuteness of a simplified lion, but don’t need something realistic just yet. That can come a bit later. In fact, when they are ready, I have one you can see HERE.
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Easy Lion Coloring Page
Easy Lion Tracing Page
Materials to draw an Easy Lion
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions for an Easy Lion Drawing
Time needed: 45 minutes
How to draw a Lion for Kids
- Start with a triangle like shape.
- Add a nose and mouth inside.
- Draw a head around it.
- Add eyes and ears.
- Draw circle mane and radial lines.
- Start the body.
- Add the feet and leg lines.
- Add the chest, leg and tail.
- Trace with a marker and color.