Need to learn how to draw a lion for kids? Something that is simple, but not TOO simple? My new step by step tutorial might be just what you are looking for.
This lion tutorial has my favorite combination of features — a simple symmetrical face, and a sideways body. The easy face helps everyone get off to a good start, with its simple matching features, while the profile body helps students see the front and back legs and tail of the lion.
He’s the perfect project for when your students still enjoy the cuteness of a simplified lion, but don’t need something realistic just yet. That can come a bit later. In fact, when they are ready, I have one you can see HERE.
- Easy Lion PDF Tutorial (click to download)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to draw a Lion for Kids
- Start with a triangle like shape.
- Add a nose and mouth inside.
- Draw a head around it.
- Add eyes and ears.
- Draw circle mane and radial lines.
- Start the body.
- Add the feet and leg lines.
- Add the chest, leg and tail.
- Trace with a marker and color.