Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Tiger Face and a Tiger Face Coloring Page. If you can draw an oval, curves and triangles, then you can learn how to draw a tiger face.
Tiger Face Drawing
Tiger Face Tutorial Video
Now students can learn how to draw a tiger face by putting together just a few simple shapes that even kindergarteners are familiar with. An oval, half circle and triangles all come together to make this adorable tiger face drawings. By keeping projects simple and symmetrical, students can gain confidence while they learn how to draw.
Getting Started with Drawing Guides
You may have noticed that all of the tutorials on this site have a dashed line running through the center of each step, in both horizontal and vertical directions. If students make their own centered lines on their own paper, before drawing, they will have an easy reference to follow.
For instance, as seen in Step 1 below, the oval for the tiger head needs to sit on the horizontal line of the paper, and centered on that side. It’s important to get that shape in a good size and place, before adding the back of the the tiger’s body to the left.
Drawing skills are all about getting the size and placement of lines on paper, so having some visual reference point to get started, will always help anyone learn how to be a little more accurate.
So does that mean students need to get out a ruler to draw a big fat line down the center of their paper before they start? Goodness no, please don’t! That will most likely be hard to erase and distract from any finished art. No, simply fold the sheet of paper in half both ways, make a crease, and unfold. The beauty is that by the time the drawing is done and colored in, the creases will disappear.
Join “The Daily Draw” to get this instant download!
Tiger Coloring Page
Materials for Tiger Drawing
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
How to Draw a Tiger Face Step by Step
Time needed: 1 hour.
- Draw a large oval that fills the paper.
- Add a nose in the center.
- Draw the sides of the nose.
- Add two lines for the cheeks.
- Draw two ears.
- Add triangles on the face and neck.
- Draw two eyes and a mouth.
- Draw whiskers.
- Trace with a marker and color.
More Animal Drawing Projects