Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Sea Turtle Tutorial Video and a Sea Turtle Coloring Page. Nearly all of their species are classified as endangered right now.
Sea Turtle Drawing
Sea Turtle Video Tutorial
Now students can have some help learning how to draw a sea turtle with a fairly realistic look, to raise awareness of these amazing animals. The pattern on the shell and the flipper-like legs are just a couple of features that set them apart from other turtles.
Did you know that sea turtles are one of oldest creatures on the earth? They have barely changed in over 110 million years! While each species of sea turtle looks a little different in color and size, there are things they all have in common. Here are some interesting facts about these fascinating creatures.
• An adult sea turtle can be two to six feet long, depending on the species.
• The largest sea turtle ever seen weighed over 2,000 pounds.
• The smallest adults weigh around 60 pounds.
• Unlike land turtles, sea turtles can’t tuck their head or flippers into their shell.
• Sea turtles have claws.
• Climate change has an impact on turtle nesting sites; it alters sand temperatures, which then affects the sex of hatchlings. Nearly all species of sea turtle are now classified as endangered, with three of the seven existing species being critically endangered.
Join “The Daily Draw“ below to get this free tutorial!
Sea Turtle Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Time needed: 30 minutes
How to Draw a Sea Turtle Step by Step
- Draw an oval for the shell.
- Add a C shape for the rim
- Draw the long hexagons on top
- Add the lines extending from each
- Draw short lines around the rim.
- Add the flipper legs.
- Draw the head angled below.
- Add lots of seaweed and water line.
- Trace with marker and color.