Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Dolphin and a Dolphin Coloring Page. This tutorial breaks down how to draw all those curves, one step at a time.
Drawing of a Dolphin
Learning how to draw a dolphin will always and forever remind me of my son’s elementary school. It’s where I started my classroom art teacher days too, as the Dixie Dolphins of Sherman Oaks, CA. You can image the need to sketch one would come up almost daily. I’d tell the students that they look kind of like a banana, they just need to pay attention to the curves of the fins and tail. This tutorial certainly helped out, and I think even helped to create a yearbook cover or two.
Use Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Dolphin Coloring Page
Dolphin Tracing Page
Time Lapse Drawing of a Dolphin
Materials to draw a Dolphin
- Black Sharpie Marker (affiliate link)
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Dolphin Drawing Directions
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Dolphin easy step by step
- Make guidelines. Draw the back curve.
- Add a nose and the belly curve.
- Draw the tail on the right.
- Add the mouth and eye.
- Draw one flipper.
- Draw other flipper and fin, and erase the inside line.
- Add a belly line.
- Add a water horizon line, sun and some clouds.
- Trace in black and color with crayons.