Learning how to draw a dolphin can be tricky as they include so many curves. This tutorial breaks them all down into small steps.
Here are some fun facts about these beautiful creatures. Did you know dolphins …
- are extremely intelligent animals
- never chew their food, they just swallow it whole
- stick with their mothers for a long time
- dive up to 1,000 feet
- can live up to 50 years
- help the sick or injured members
- are very friendly to humans and animals
This tutorial will help students draw a dolphin, one that has all the details so it really looks like a dolphin, but not so complicated that to make it frustrating. Once the body has a shape that looks right, the flipper and fin details will only make it look even better.
- Draw a Dolphin PDF (click to go to download page)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Dolphin
- Make guidelines. Draw the back curve.
- Add a nose and the belly curve.
- Draw the tail on the right.
- Add the mouth and eye.
- Draw one flipper.
- Draw other flipper and fin, and erase the inside line.
- Add a belly line.
- Add a water horizon line, sun and some clouds.
- Trace in black and color with crayons.