Make an abstract self portrait drawing in the style of Friedensreich Hundertwasser, a famous Austrian artist.
- Hundertwasser PDF Tutorial
- Watercolor paper (or drawing paper)
- Liquid watercolor paint (or colored pencils)
- Start with a 9″ x 12″ paper, and trace the width of a ruler around the outside edges in pencil.
- Draw a very large circle that almost touches the top border and does touch the left and right. Wobbly circles are welcome! Shoulders may be straight or angled. Eyes are drawn by starting with a center dot, and then the football shapes that extend and touch the outside edge. Hair must be simple, simple, simple, using as few lines as possible. Names are drawn in block letters in the bottom border.
- Trace all the lines with a thin black marker.
- Color everything heavily with some good colored pencils, or watercolor paint.