2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | Crayons | Drawing | Easy How to Draw Tutorials | How to Draw Animals
Easy How to Draw a Cow Face Tutorial and Cow Face Coloring Page
Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Cow Face and a Cow Face Coloring Page. The shapes are pretty simple, but they add up to a pretty cute, yet realistic looking cow face!
If your students are past learning how to draw an oversimplified cow, but don’t need a full on 3D shaded version either, then this How to Draw a Cow Face tutorial might be just what you are looking for. The shapes start out simple and symmetrical, and fill up most of the paper too. Add a body to one side and you have a pretty nice portrait of of a cow!
Preview of the Drawing Tutorial
Cow Face Coloring Page
Cow Face Tracing Page
Materials to Draw a Cow Face
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions for a Cow Face Drawing
Time needed: 45 minutes.
Step by Step Cow Face Drawing
- Start at the bottom with the cow nose.
- Draw the head above the nose.
- Draw two slightly angled eyes.
- Add the symmetrical curve lines inside the face.
- Draw the nose shape and nostrils.
- Add two symmetrical ears.
- Draw the side of the cow body.
- Add the landscaping in the background.
- Trace with a marker and color.
Another Cow Face Drawing Project
Here’s a fun Cow Face drawing option that teaches a lesson in Proportion. The nose is intentionally large to make it look like it’s reaching out to sniff you. The proportion of this project works well on a 6″ x 9″ sheet of paper, which fits in my Recycled Art Journal system.