Learn how to draw the London Tower Bridge with this easy step by step tutorial. The bridge crosses the river Thames and has become an iconic symbol of London.
There are towers, and there are bridges, and then there is the London Tower Bridge. Built between 1886 and 1894, the Bridge has spent more than a century as London’s defining landmark.
For those that are studying the history of London, or those with an interest in drawing classical buildings that also serve as amazing bridges, you can’t do much better than this. The ornate details have been simplified as much as possible so even young mechanical artists to be can enjoy drawing this one.
- Draw the London Tower Bridge (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 45 minutes.
- Draw the water line and start the tower base.
- Add two matching towers above.
- Draw the matching peaks on each.
- Add vertical lines and details.
- Draw the horizontal lines and windows.
- Connect towers with a walkway.
- Draw the bridge support lines below.
- Add block lines and suspension rope.
- Trace with a marker and color.