Learn how to draw a cartoon face with this easy step by step tutorial. It’s all about simplifying the features.
Cartoon faces are sometimes a fun alternative to drawing realistic ones, mostly because they are so simple and easy to do. Heads can become one stretched out shape, and eyes just simple circles. It’s surprising how much personality can be portrayed with just a few well placed lines.
Or at least that’s what a good cartoon artist can make you think.
- Draw a Cartoon Face (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker, permanent
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Cartoon Face
- Draw a nose and two small eyes.
- Start the hair line above.
- Draw the sides of the head.
- Add a long chin below.
- Draw a smiling mouth.
- Add ears on the side.
- Finish the hair, start the neck.
- Draw the rest of the shirt.
- Trace with a marker and color.