Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Quail and a Quail Coloring Page.
Not all birds are made from a simple body and color. That’s when a tutorial for How to Draw a Quail comes in handy. The step by step lesson below will help students see that, like always, the bird starts with a few shapes that are easy to draw, and then gets all its fun details added afterwards. And if they can conquer a quail drawing, they can draw all kinds of different birds!
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Quail Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions for a Quail Drawing
Time needed: 45 minutes
How to Draw an Easy Quail
- Draw an oval.
- Add a head shape on top.
- Draw a tail and wing, erase two lines.
- Draw the beak, eye and brow.
- Add face details and a feather.
- Draw feather lines on the belly, and a tail line.
- Draw two simple feet.
- Add a horizon line, clouds and sun.
- Trace with a marker and color.