Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas movie and a Coloring Page. It’s easy to capture her Tim Burton style look with just some simple drawing supplies.
Sally from Nightmare before Christmas
Sally from Nightmare before Christmas Tutorial Video
Subscribe to “The Daily Draw” below to get this free download!
When students learn how to draw Sally from the Nightmare before Christmas movie, art can change from being about work that was done long ago, to something current .. and cool. Tim Burton’s classic movie gets a few new fans every year, and fortunately for us, his “look” is not all that hard to imitate!
Sally from Nightmare Coloring Page
Materials to draw Sally from Nightmare before Christmas
- Kraft Paper. Card stock paper that has a light gray or brown shade for an old-fashioned black and white look.
- SOFT Pencils. Important: Ticonderoga #2 SOFT pencils will always give you the darkest gray. Collect them and then save for all your drawing projects. The #2 Mediums will not work as well, no matter how hard you press.
- White Pencil Crayon. Prismacolor cost a little more than the others, but they always leave the brightest color. That’s especially true for the white ones.
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tip erasers, especially when erasing leftover pencil lines after tracing.
Step by Step Directions for a Sally from Nightmare Drawing
Time needed: 45 minutes
Sally from Nightmare before Christmas Tutorial
- Draw a circle for the head.
- Add two round eyes and eyelashes.
- Draw a mouth and nose.
- Add stitch lines next to the mouth.
- Draw the neck and shoulders.
- Add the hair on top of the head.
- Erase the head lines and add neck lines.
- Trace the lines with a marker.
- Fill areas with black and white pencil.
Already subscribed to “The Daily Draw”?
Great, then use the download button below to get your free tutorial.
And thanks for wanting to bring more step-by-step, no-prep art lessons to your classroom!