Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Ghost and a Ghost Coloring Page. It’s not that hard to make it look a lot more real.
Many students have likely been drawing a ghost the same way for years. It either was inspired by the Pac Man style, with a simple curved head and zig zag bottom, or they just got in the habit of one style and never really changed. This tutorial shows how adding a few more details can make a ghost look much more dynamic. It has a definite face, looks dimensional, and even appears to be moving. That’s quite a change over the standard variety! All students have to do is add brows and curves to make the face look much more expressive. The draped arms on the side and dimension in the hem really starts to look much more 3D, instead of like a cut out flat shape. See how easy that was?
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Ghost Coloring Page
Materials for a Ghost Easy Drawing
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Directions to Draw a Ghost Step by Step
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw a Ghost
- Start the head.
- Continue with the sides.
- Draw a curvy bottom.
- Add a scary face.
- Draw one draped arm.
- Add the other draped arm.
- Add curvy lines to the bottom.
- Draw some fold lines.
- Trace with a marker and color.