Easy Halloween Drawings and Tutorial Video
Learn how to make easy Halloween drawings with a step by step tutorial video. Lots of lessons to download and try out today!
Easy Halloween Things to Draw
Halloween Things Tutorial Video
Sometimes you just need a refresher course on how to draw some Halloween things. Like when you want to add a doodle to an envelope, or draw fun stuff to your whiteboard, or who knows … even decorate cookies. Hint: Go with spiderwebs, they are easy and always look cool.
On the other hand, maybe your day got turned upside down and now your students have about 20 minutes for a quickie class. Or, they just completed a tough test, and would love a fun early finisher project.
In that case, this tutorial might be just the ticket. Use it as you see fit, OR, tell your students they need to make up their own project. And if they think up something brilliant, please let me know. I love sharing student art at the end of blogs posts.
Note: The download includes a page of boxes and a Coloring Page to give your students lots of options.
Preview of How to Draw Halloween Things PDF and Coloring Page
Learn how to make an easy Halloween drawing with just a marker and crayons. Careful coloring can create a striking silhouette.
A sunset silhouette always makes for a colorful drawing, but if you add in a few Halloweenish elements, then you get a fun seasonal project as well.
One of the great thing about drawing a silhouette like this is that it’s so easy to fix little oops-es. Not happy with how your cat looks? Turn it into a bush. Thinking your tree looks too thin? Add more black to thicken it up.
Whatever students end up drawing, just make sure they know that the drama of their black shapes against the colorful sky depends on how well they fill in the black. Scribbles will only take away from the contrast, which is what makes this kind of work so fun to look at.
And teachers, DO try to provide newer-ish markers so that students can get a really black color. It always pained me to see some struggling with worn out ones as they are doing all the work for a fraction of the impact. Budget permitting of course, and you have my sympathy if your budget is whatever is in your wallet. I’ve been there. 🙁
Pin Me to Your Pinterest Board
Pin Me to Your Pinterest Board
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Materials for a Halloween Sunset Drawing
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Directions for a Halloween Sunset Drawing
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw a Halloween Sunset
- Draw a bumpy ground and a bumpy tree line.
- Attach some large branches to the tree.
- Draw a few smaller branches attached to the larger ones.
- Draw some owls and add some random thin branch lines.
- Add a simple house shape.
- Draw a window with some details on the roof.
- Add a cat, a pumpkin and a couple of bats.
- Trace the drawing and the shapes with a black marker.
- Color the sky with crayons, overlapping and changing the colors as desired.
Read More Drawing Article✅ . How to Draw Pumpkin