Here is one of my most pinned Halloween ideas for kids. It was originally designed for art trading cards, but has lots of other possibilities too.
The simple shape of the cat, rotating around the edges, makes for a very cute series of mini collages.
1. Cut black and orange card stock to the trading card dimensions of 2.5″ x 3.5″. Each student needs 9 black and 9 orange cards.
2. Students draw in pencil the outline of a cat on a black card. It’s helpful to show all the possibilities of being large or small, coming out of the short or the long side of the card.
3. The outlined black cat is cut out and glued down to an orange card.
4. Small eyes are cut glued to the yellow card stock paper.
5. A marker is used to draw black eyes inside the yellow.
6. Repeat steps 2 – 4 to make a total of nine cards with as many variations of cats as possible.
Note: This post contains affiliate links.