Learn how to draw Wonder Woman, a superhero with all kinds of amazing super powers.
One of the most beloved and iconic DC Super Heroes of all time, Wonder Woman has stood for nearly eighty years as a symbol of truth, justice and equality. She is a founding member of the Justice League and said to be as beautiful as Aphrodite, wise as Athena, swifter than Hermes, and stronger than Hercules. Raised on the Paradise Island, Diana is an Amazon, like the figures of Greek legend, and her people’s gift to humanity.
Now fans of Wonder Woman can learn how to draw her, and keep her super hero look, without getting lost in too many details. Her dress, boots and arm bands are made from pretty simples shapes, but still keep her classic Wonder Woman look that her fans know and love.
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Materials for Wonder Woman Drawing
- Pencil. The Ticonderoga brand are the most reliable, make nice dark lines when you need them, and are the easiest to erase. Buying the pre-sharpened ones will save busy teachers a lot of time.
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tip erasers, especially when erasing leftover pencil lines after tracing.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent marker pens make nice black outlines, have a good tip for coloring, and never bleed when they get wet. Use them with good ventilation and add extra paper underneath to protect your tables.
- Prang Crayons. These are a bit softer than other crayons so they sometimes look like oil pastels. They also have a some nice brown shades that Crayola does not have unless you buy their larger boxes.
- Crayola Crayons. The reliable brand that always works well. The 24 pack has some of my favorite golden orange and yellow colors that seem a bit richer and warmer than the ones Prang has.
Directions to Draw Wonder Woman Step by Step
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw Wonder Woman
- Draw the head and band on top.
- Add the shoulders and bodice shape.
- Draw a skirt underneath.
- Add two legs.
- Draw boot lines.
- Finish the two arms and hands.
- Erase inside hands, and bands.
- Draw the face, hair and horizon line.
- Trace with a marker and color.