You may have learned how to draw a house as just one basic shape, but they often are asymmetrical with additions added to either side. And if you are lucky, a nice picket fence out front.
You may find that some students who have NO interest in drawing people or flowers, etc. are completely fascinated with drawing buildings. That could be the makings of a future architect, and so for that reason, exposing students to this type of drawing could be the start of something new for them.
LIKE THIS DRAWING PROJECT?
There are 200 more fun and easy drawing tutorials like this one, in my giant How To Draw ebook in my PDF Shop.
All were created with lots of hands on classroom testing, and designed to take beginner artists from the first step to the last with clear and simple diagrams.
It’s all you need to provide hours of drawing fun with tutorials for Animals, Fish, Insects, Birds, Landscapes, Plants, Transportation, People and much more.
- Download Draw a House PDF
- Drawing paper
- Black Sharpie marker
- PREP OPTION: Print guidelines on each paper.
- Students use paper with printed guide lines or they fold it in half twice to make their own.
- Draw the house according to the steps shown in the tutorial.
- Trace the drawing with a Sharpie marker.
- Color the house with a crayon.
Submit your review