Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Haunted House and a Haunted Coloring Page. There are several styles to choose from, because choices are always fun, when it comes to drawing.
Draw a Haunted House
Haunted House Tutorial Video
Haunted houses come in all shapes and sizes, of course, but if students really want to make them look scary, I have a few tips for drawing your best haunted house.
- The more unbalanced and pieced-together looking the house is, the better. They need to be the opposite of neat and orderly. That’s why this house has an overall funky and irregular shape to it.
2. They need to be dull and boring in color. Given that the neglect is often part of the story, the more blah the colors, the better.
3. The creepy details will make for an interesting story. Why is one light on and none of the others? Is there a black cat staring back at me? And did I really just see a ghost in that window?
The spooky season has a lot to offer, when it comes to creativity. That’s the fun part to embrace, if you ask me.
Join “The Daily Draw” below to get this free download!
Haunted House Coloring Page
Materials for Haunted House Drawing
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Time needed: 45 minutes.
Step by Step Directions
- Start with a rectangle floor and a tower on top.
- Add the first floor to the left of the tower as shown.
- Draw the second floor on top of the first floor.
- Add the small third floor above the second floor.
- Draw the bottom floor windows and a door.
- Add the second floor windows.
- Draw the third floor windows and add a cat if you wish.
- Add the bricks, the background grass and a full moon.
- Trace the drawing with a marker and color it with crayons.
Another Haunted House Drawing Project
Here’s another style of haunted house to draw. It has a kind of Victorian look to it, which can bring another kind of vibe to your haunted house drawing projects.