How to draw a black cat, with step by step instructions. He’s still cute, but has a definite “don’t mess with me” kind of vibe.
One way to add some extra color to your black cat drawing, is to not only add a Halloween-y orange in the background, but to make it graduate up to a yellow-ish orange.
It takes some careful coloring and overlapping, but will be worth it in the end. You’ll have the perfect drawing to celebrate Halloween!
LIKE THIS DRAWING PROJECT?
For more easy drawing tutorials like this one, please see my popular How To Draw ebook in my PDF Shop.
It’s a collection of step-by-step tutorials that are simple and easy to understand for beginner artists.
*The above product links are a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
- Prep: Print tutorial for each student.
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
- Students follow the tutorial to draw the black cat in pencil.
- The black cat is traced with a black marker.
- The black cat is colored carefully with crayons.
Submit your review