Learn how to draw a Cartoon Black Cat with this easy step by step tutorial. Those big eyes are too much fun to draw!
The best part of cartoon drawing includes learning how to draw exaggerated shapes. Professional cartoon artists may make it look easy, but it takes time to learn how to make the most impact with just a few lines.
One example of this is the use of oversized heads. They just plain look funny, and also conveniently leave room for expressive eyes. And oversized eyes that are flat on top are a very simple way to make anyone, person or animal, look unhappy.
On this cat, they definitely make you think twice about whether you would pet him, or not.
- How to Draw a Cartoon Black Cat (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw a Cartoon Black Cat
- Draw a curve.
- Begin the top of the head.
- Finish the top of the head.
- Draw two half circle eyes.
- Draw inside eyes, nose, whiskers.
- Add two ears.
- Draw the outside of the body.
- Add leg lines and long tail.
- Trace with marker and color.