Learn how to draw a skull with this easy step by step tutorial. Use it for a very simple anatomy lesson, Halloween or Day of the Dead project.
When you find a drawing project that’s versatile, educational and creative, it’s smart to save it in a good place. After all, who needs to reinvent the wheel every day?
Save this Skull Drawing project for:
- Halloween (that’s a no-brainer)
- Day of the Dead (not to be confused with Halloween, more of a celebration of past lives)
- Anatomy (it’s simple, but still pretty accurate)
- Symmetry practice (you can never have too much!)
Also, this basically white drawing is a great place for students to practice shading. Students that seem to easily master the shapes of this skull, might like to see what they can do with making shadows. A few well placed gray shapes will turn this flat drawing into something that looks like it has some shape and depth.
- Draw a Skull (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Skull
- Draw an upside down heart for a nose.
- Add two ovals for the eyes.
- Start the top of the head.
- Finish the bottom of the head.
- Add symmetrical cheek lines.
- Draw the middle line of the teeth.
- Add even number of teeth lines.
- Connect with curved lines.
- Trace with a marker and color.