Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Beach and a Beach Coloring Page. A few boats in the distance will add a sense of space.
Even the simplest of drawings can ooze charm, when drawn by children. This one has super simplified bodies, lots of fun things that you see at the beach, and even a little perspective with sailboats receding in the distance.
Encourage your young artists to use this tutorial as just a starting point, so they can add their own favorite details. After all, everyone has their own favorite way of how to spend a day there.
Preview of the step by step Draw a Beach tutorial
Beach Coloring Page
Beach Tracing Page
Materials for How to Draw a Beach
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. Don’t waste your money on the cheapest brand. These make nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. The perfect medium size tip marker for tracing.
- Crayons. I like this non-toxic brand that is made from beeswax, not petroleum by-products.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions for How to Draw a Beach
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Beach
- Start a body on the lower left corner.
- Add legs, hair and bathing suit.
- Draw a blanket and umbrella.
- Add wavy line for water, and pail with shovel.
- Draw a figure on the right.
- Add a beach ball and lots of starfish.
- Draw two sailboats in the distance.
- Add a horizon line, waves and sky with clouds and birds.
- Trace with a marker and color.