Learn how to draw a Mayan temple, with the help of a step by step tutorial and grid paper. Add it to your Cinco de Mayo celebrations!
Now you can jazz up your Mexican studies with this download that will help all your students draw just about the neatest Mayan temple possible.
No need to free hand all those lines, and no need to struggle with a ruler either. Nope, just print the included grid on drawing paper and students can use the light lines as guides. They can concentrate on making them symmetrical, and then coloring as neatly as possible. Those looking for an extra challenge can add more layers of marker for an instant shadow.
*The above product links are a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Mayan Temple
- Print the grid. Draw a rectangle.
- Add the angled shape below.
- Draw the ground line two lines up.
- Draw the first two rows of steps.
- Add two more rows above.
- Finish with the last three rows.
- Add the center details shown.
- Draw the mountain background and sky.
- Trace with a marker and color.