A US Capitol building drawing is quite a study of symmetry. I made this tutorial with some simplification to help older students see all that lovely detail.
It has housed the meeting chambers of the House of Representatives and the Senate for two centuries. I’ve made a tutorial that includes graph paper to help students align all of its beautiful features.
- US Capitol Building PDF Tutorial
- Printer (to make graph paper found in tutorial)Drawing paper*
- Black marker*
- Pencil crayons*
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw the US Capitol
- Print grid paper and find center lines. Draw center steps.
- Add side arched walls.
- Add layer of pillars and columns.
- Draw outermost wings of building.
- Add center triangle and lower roof.
- Draw the upper roof and rotunda.
- Add middle layer of rotunda.
- Finish top rotunda. Add landscaping.
- Trace with a marker and color.