A US Capitol building drawing is quite a study of symmetry. I made this tutorial with some simplification to help older students see all that lovely detail.
It has housed the meeting chambers of the House of Representatives and the Senate for two centuries. I’ve made a tutorial that includes graph paper to help students align all of its beautiful features.
- US Capitol Building PDF Tutorial
- Printer (to make graph paper found in tutorial)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
- Pencil crayons
- Print out a blank graph paper and reference drawing (pg. 3 and 4 of pdf file) for each student.
- Students follow the steps of the tutorial to make their own drawing.
- The pencil drawing is traced with a thin black marker.
- The building is colored with colored pencils as shown.