Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Seal and a Seal Coloring Page. It’s easy to add a few shadows to make this seal look extra dimensional.
You could use this tutorial to draw a brown seal too, they have the same shape as an arctic seal, but there’s just something extra adorable about an all white one. Plus, you can finally use that gray crayon that always seemed way too light for other jobs, to make a nice and delicate shadow on this pup. Just a little coloring its body and even some of the snow will give your drawing some instant dimension.
And a tip for the background? Use the same crayon for the ocean as the sky, just press harder on top. That way your water will be a similar shade and have more of a reflective feel, which is just what happens in real life.
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Seal Coloring Page
Seal Tracing Page
Materials to draw a Seal
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions for a Seal Drawing
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw a Seal Step by Step
- Draw an upside down U for the head.
- Continue the body below and to the side.
- Finish with a small tail.
- Draw two front legs.
- Erase leg line, add toe lines, and start the face with a center nose.
- Draw two large angled eyes above the nose.
- Add a mouth and whiskers.
- Draw ice line and arctic background.
- Trace with a marker and color.