If you want to learn how to draw a seal, why not make it an arctic seal with big eyes and super cute face? Here’s a tutorial to show you how in nine easy steps.
You could use this tutorial to draw a brown seal too, they have the same shape as an arctic seal, but there’s just something extra adorable about an all white one. Plus, you can finally use that gray crayon that always seemed way too light for other jobs, to make a nice and delicate shadow on this pup. Just a little coloring its body and even some of the snow will give your drawing some instant dimension.
And a tip for the background? Use the same crayon for the ocean as the sky, just press harder on top. That way your water will be a similar shade and have more of a reflective feel, which is just what happens in real life.
*The above product links are a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw a Seal
- Draw an upside down U for the head.
- Continue the body below and to the side.
- Finish with a small tail.
- Draw two front legs.
- Erase leg line, add toe lines, and start the face with a center nose.
- Draw two large angled eyes above the nose.
- Add a mouth and whiskers.
- Draw ice line and arctic background.
- Trace with a marker and color.