Now you can learn how to draw Superman the easy way, with the help of a step by step tutorial. His body has been simplified, but there’s still no doubt about who he is.
Superman is a fictional superhero who first appeared in American comic books way back in the 1930s. He’s the classic hero with super human strength, so it’s no wonder that kids have been fascinated by his story all these years.
Today though, he’s a fun drawing project to add to summer projects in general, and Father’s Day in particular. This version of his body and pose is not complicated to draw, so featuring him on a Father’s Day card is a fun theme to work with. His clothes make for a colorful card, and the messages that students add about their “Superman Dad” will just kind of write themselves.
- How to Draw Superman (click to open a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw Superman
- Draw the head and hair line,
- Add the neck and shoulders.
- Draw the torso below.
- Add the belt and pants.
- Draw the legs and add the boot line.
- Add two bent arms.
- Draw the face and lock of hair.
- Finish with the logo and cape.
- Trace with a marker and color.