Students can learn how to draw a humpback whale with this easy step-by-step tutorial. It has a look and profile that is all its own. See below for a downloadable tutorial.
Here’s a tip: try coloring his belly lighter than the top, to create a kind of two tone look. Use the same crayon, just with different pressure.
LIKE THIS DRAWING PROJECT?
There are 200 more fun and easy drawing tutorials like this one, in my giant How To Draw ebook in my PDF Shop.
All were created with lots of hands on classroom testing, and designed to take beginner artists from the first step to the last with clear and simple diagrams.
It’s all you need to provide hours of drawing fun with tutorials for Animals, Fish, Insects, Birds, Landscapes, Plants, Transportation, People and much more.
- Download Humpback Whale PDF tutorial
*The above product link is a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
- Prep: Print the How to Draw a Whale tutorial for each student.
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
- Follow the tutorial to draw the whale in pencil.
- Trace the drawing with a black marker.
- Color the whale carefully with crayons.