Students can learn how to draw a humpback whale with this easy step-by-step tutorial. It has a look and profile that is all its own. See below for a downloadable tutorial.
Here’s a tip: try coloring his belly lighter than the top, to create a kind of two tone look. Use the same crayon, just with different pressure.
LIKE THIS DRAWING PROJECT?
For more easy drawing tutorials like this one, please see my popular How To Draw ebook in my PDF Shop. It’s a collection of step-by-step tutorials that are simple and easy to understand for beginner artists.
- Download Humpback Whale PDF tutorial
*The above product link is a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
- Prep: Print the How to Draw a Whale tutorial for each student.
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
- Follow the tutorial to draw the whale in pencil.
- Trace the drawing with a black marker.
- Color the whale carefully with crayons.
Submit your review