Learn how to draw a humpback whale, with all its unique features. Make sure he doesn’t get confused with all the other whale species swimming around in the ocean.
Here’s a tip: try coloring his belly lighter than the top, to create a kind of two tone look. Use the same crayon, just with different pressure.
Also, if you like this tutorial, there are many more like it in my “Draw Animals” ebook in my PDF Shop.
- Download Humpback Whale PDF tutorial
*The above product link is a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
- Prep: Print the How to Draw a Whale tutorial for each student.
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
- Students follow the tutorial to draw the whale in pencil.
- The drawing is traced with a black marker.
- Color the whale carefully with crayons.