Learn how to draw a Killer Whale with this easy step by step tutorial. The key is to get all those white spots in the right place.
Did you know that killer whales are the largest member of the dolphin family? The largest one ever caught was actually 32 feet long!
To make a pretty realistic drawing, you basically just need to draw a dolphin shape and then fill in their very specific black and white coloring. Be sure to color the black well, it needs to be really dark to make him stand out.
- How to Draw a Killer Whale (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Killer Whale
- Start the body.
- Add the tail.
- Draw flipper and fin.
- Erase lines inside flipper and fin.
- Draw mouth, eye and markings.
- Draw top edge of water.
- Draw rest of water lines.
- Add sun and cloud.
- Trace with marker and color.