Learn how to draw a Cartoon Dog with some silly eyes and oversized paws. A step-by-step tutorial makes it easy to do.
What does it take to turn a regular dog drawing into a cartoon dog drawing? Not a whole lot.
This dog has a regular head shape, and floppy ears, four paws and a tail. The key is just to make some things extra big and some things extra small.
This dog’s eyes are the big, googly kind and the paws are really oversized too. The mouth, however is small in comparison, and the ears just normal size.
And that, my friend, is cartoon drawing in a nutshell. Exaggerate the features of whatever you are drawing, keep them super simple, and above all, have fun.
- How to Draw a Cartoon Dog (click to open a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 25 minutes.
How to Draw a Cartoon Dog
- Draw a collar and head.
- Add two overlapping circles for eyes.
- Erase the gray, add pupils and ears.
- Erase line, finish face and start body.
- Add two symmetrical feet.
- Erase lines and draw toenails.
- Draw back feet and tail..
- Finish with a house and lawn.
- Trace with marker and color.