Learn how to draw a cement truck with some very basic shapes. A step by step tutorial makes it easy for all ages.
Concrete transport trucks (in-transit mixers) are made to mix concrete and transport it to a construction site. Some are filled with dry materials and water, mixing the materials as they drive. Other trucks are loaded from a plant where the mixing has already taken place.
Either way, cement trucks are made with very specific shapes so that they can do their job. The drum needs to be tilted to keep the cement inside, and the heavy cement calls for an extra center wheel to safely carry its heavy load. Fortunately, this tutorial keeps all the shapes really simple so all the parts are easy to see and easy to draw.
- Draw a Cement Truck PDF Tutorial (click to open)
- Drawing paper
- Black Sharpie marker, fine tip
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Cement Truck
- Draw the horizon line.
- Add the front wheel and cab.
- Draw back bed and two wheels.
- Erase inside wheel and add back stand.
- Draw tilted mixer.
- Add wheel details and mixer stripes.
- Add cab windows.
- Draw buildings on both sides.
- Trace with a marker and color.