If you can draw some circles and rectangles, you can learn how to draw a dump truck. It really is that easy.
This tutorial is good for early elementary students, perhaps while they are studying a general theme of transportation. The shapes are basic and familiar, which is a good start for those just learning how to draw.
Also, the guidelines will be particularly helpful with this drawing as many of the shapes line up with them. It really helps students draw large and fill their paper.
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Dump Truck
- Make guidelines. Draw two circles.
- Draw rectangle around the front .
- Add base to back of truck.
- Draw the cab in the front.
- Add a window and hubcaps.
- Draw the back of the truck.
- Finish front lights and bumper. Fill with dirt.
- Draw a bumpy ground line.
- Trace with a marker and color with crayons.
LOOKING FOR MORE DRAWING PROJECT IDEAS?
There are 200 fun and easy drawing tutorials made just for young artists in my giant How To Draw ebook.
All were created with lots of hands on classroom testing, and designed to take beginner artists from the first step to the last with clear and simple diagrams.
It’s all you need to provide hours of drawing fun with tutorials for Animals, Fish, Insects, Birds, Landscapes, Plants, Transportation, People and much more. Just click on the book or title to learn more.