If you can draw some circles and rectangles, you can learn how to draw a dump truck. It really is that easy.
This tutorial is good for early elementary students, perhaps while they are studying a general theme of transportation. The shapes are basic and familiar, which is a good start for those just learning how to draw.
Also, the guidelines will be particularly helpful with this drawing as many of the shapes line up with them. It really helps students draw large and fill their paper.
- Draw a Dump Truck PDF Tutorial
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Dump Truck
- Make guidelines. Draw two circles.
- Draw rectangle around the front .
- Add base to back of truck.
- Draw the cab in the front.
- Add a window and hubcaps.
- Draw the back of the truck.
- Finish front lights and bumper. Fill with dirt.
- Draw a bumpy ground line.
- Trace with a marker and color with crayons.