Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Goose and a Goose Coloring Page. The graceful pose is easy for all ages to draw.
Goose Drawing with Crayons
Goose Painting with Tempera Paint
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Why learn how to draw a Goose?
Learning how to draw a goose can be a great beginner project as they are easily simplified, and have a cute look that is fun to try to capture. This tutorial shares how to draw one with its head turned back and looking down. It makes for a nice composition that can really fill the drawing paper.
Most young artists though, tend to draw small. That’s why I like adding the two guide lines in the middle of the paper to help them judge where to place their first lines. You can crease the paper to get them, or actually draw them (lightly!) with a pencil. They are especially useful for this goose as they have their belly on the bottom half of the paper, and the neck and head on top.
If you like the bold look of the painting version, it’s probably because of the thick black line that comes from using a chisel tip permanent black marker. It’s a nice option when drawing large, as the quirky lines that children make so well, will really stand out.
Goose Coloring Page
Goose Tracing Page
Materials to Draw a Goose
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions for a Goose Drawing
Time needed: 30 minutes
How to Draw a Goose
- Draw a circle.
- Attach a curve below as shown.
- Continue with the back.
- Connect the curved neck.
- Add a wing and tail feathers.
- Erase line and add eye and beak.
- Add feathers and two feet.
- Draw the background.
- Trace with marker and color.