My new step by step tutorial will show you how to draw a sheep with just a few simple lines. It’s how cartoon artists draw every day.
Cartoon Sheep Drawing
Cartoon drawing is getting to the heart of something or someone with a few simple lines.
Sheep are known, of course, for their fuzzy wool, so drawing this in one long curly line is about easy as it can get. Add some super big eyes and face and tail and you have a simple and very cute cartoon sheep drawing.
To make the sheep pop out of the background, be sure to color the surroundings really well. The body will look even whiter with lots of color around it.
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Cartoon Sheep Coloring Page
Materials for a Cartoon Sheep Drawing
Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you click and take action, I will be compensated a small amount at no expense to you.
- Drawing Paper. Don’t substitute it with copy paper or construction paper. The surface will get fuzzy, erasing might cause holes, and the colors will generally not look as bright.
- Stabilo Markers. The large pack provides lots of fun color choices, several shades of each color, including a few choices for skin. The tips are perfect for coloring, and there’s even a promise that they will work after being uncapped for 8 weeks!
- Pencil. The Ticonderoga brand are the most reliable, make nice dark lines when you need them, and are the easiest to erase.
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tips. Stabilo Markers. They have the best colors, the best tips, and last the longest.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent markers are great for making a crisp outline to your drawing. Use them when you want your outline show up, but not be so heavy that it detracts from other things.
Directions to Draw a Cartoon Sheep Step by Step
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Sheep
- Draw two cartoon eyes.
- Add two ears.
- Draw the face below the eyes.
- Add a curly forehead.
- Draw a curly body line.
- Draw four simple legs and tail.
- Add swirls inside the body.
- Draw a background.
- Trace with a marker and color.