Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Tree Frog and a Tree Frog Coloring Page.
Students that want to learn how to draw a tree frog, might do well to focus in on one family in particular – the Red Eyed Tree Frog. Although they are very small, they have very distinctive features that are really fun to draw. This tutorial will show students how to draw their simple body shape, then add those giant eyes on top, and the legs with the giant toes below. Big and distinctive features are always a plus when drawing any animal.
Use the button below to download this free tutorial!
Tree Frog Drawing Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions
Time needed: 45 minutes
Draw an easy Tree Frog
- Draw an upside down C shape for the head.
- Add the body as a kind of bean shape below the head.
- Draw the long mouth line and nose holes.
- Add the eye shapes on the side of the head.
- Erase gray lines and draw one front leg.
- Erase the gray line and draw the other front leg.
- Draw the back leg.
- Erase the gray line and draw a branch behind.
- Trace with a black marker and color with crayons.