Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Frog and a Frog Coloring Page. There are two fun options to choose from.
This how to draw a frog tutorial is simple (and symmetrical) so even younger elementary students will probably do well trying him out. Don’t skip the tracing step though, as strong black lines make him or her easier color, and lend more to a cartoon look when finished too.
Cartoon drawings are often more about personality than realism. The very best cartoon artists spend years figuring out how to make a few simple lines can convey an attitude, and though they make it look easy, there’s a lot of practice behind it.
Imitating cartoon drawings is a great way for young artists to get started though. The simple shapes are easy to see, and drawing something recognizable can be a real confidence builder.
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Frog Coloring Page
Materials for Frog Drawing
How to Draw a Frog Step by Step
Time needed: 25 minutes
How to Draw an Easy Frog
- Draw a very large oval for the head.
- Add two upside down U shapes.
- Erase inside and draw two simple eyes.
- Add the mouth, dots for nose. Draw U for chest.
- Draw the two arms with bumps.
- Add curvy lines to make the fingers.
- Draw two symmetrical back legs.
- Add toe lines. Draw a grass line and sky.
- Trace with marker and color.