You can learn how to draw an airplane with this easy step by step tutorial. It has a bit of a tilt, so it looks more realistic than just drawing a simple side view.
Simple details like curving the front window will make the body of the airplane look more three dimensional too. After that, feel free to add some style to your plane. After all, when was the last time you saw one that was all gray?
- Draw an Airplane Tutorial (click to open PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black Sharpie marker, fine tip
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw an Airplane
- Draw the main fuselage of the plane.
- Draw the vertical section of the tail.
- Draw the horizontal section of the tail.
- Draw the two wings.
- Erase the gray line inside the wing.
- Draw the two engines.
- Erase the gray lines and draw the windows.
- Fill the sky with clouds.
- Trace with a marker and color.