You can learn how to draw an airplane with this easy step by step tutorial. It’s got just a bit of a tilt to it, so it looks much more realistic than just drawing a simple side view.
Simple details like curving the front window will make the body of the airplane look more three dimensional too. After that, feel free to add some style to your plane. After all, when was the last time you saw one that was all gray?
- Draw an Airplane PDF Tutorial (see below)
- Drawing paper
- Black Sharpie marker, fine tip
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw an Airplane
- Draw the main fuselage of the plane.
- Draw the vertical section of the tail.
- Draw the horizontal section of the tail.
- Draw the two wings.
- Erase the gray line inside the wing.
- Draw the two engines.
- Erase the gray lines and draw the windows.
- Fill the sky with clouds.
- Trace with a marker and color.
How to Draw a WW2 Airplane
I like how this perspective of the plane keeps things simple, yet offers a little perspective at the same time. Who needs to draw a flat looking airplane, when just a few touches like angled wings can make it look so dimensional.
Another bonus? When you have lots of open space, it’s always easy to add a little perspective by having smaller clouds going off in the distance. For that matter, make a whole sky full of little WW2 planes for an amazing panorama.
- Draw a WW2 Plane PDF Tutorial (click to download)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
- Print tutorial for each student.
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
- Follow the tutorial to draw the WW2 plane in pencil.
- Trace the plane with a black marker.
- Color the drawing carefully with crayons.