Learn how to draw a seahorse, with this easy step by step tutorial. The body parts get easier when you focus on one at a time.
Seahorses are one of the most unique aquatic animals in the sea. This tutorial helps capture a lot of their details without being overly complicated. This is a good lesson for being detailed but efficient within your drawings.
Seahorses are very tiny fishes that are named for the shape of their head, which looks the like the head of a horse. These small fellas can be found in tropical and temperate costal waters. One of the special things about seahorse is they actually swim upright which makes it look like they are running without actually having legs!
- Draw a Seahorse PDF Tutorial
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 1 hour.
Draw a Seahorse
- Draw circle and eye for the head.
- Draw the back curve of the body.
- Draw the front curve of the body.
- Draw the middle belly line.
- Add a mouth to the head, and a fin.
- Draw the long wavy fin on the spine.
- Add the belly ridges and an ear.
- Draw plants flowing around.
- Trace with marker and color.