Young artists can learn how to draw a crab if they take it just one step at a time. Here are nine simple steps to draw this colorful fellow.
Did you know that Crabs are invertebrates (animals without a backbone)? Their exoskeleton provides support for their bodies and protects them from predators. No wonder people find them so fascinating.
You can follow this nine step tutorial by downloading a PDF template that looks like the above diagram, or view the individual steps shown below. Have fun!
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Crab
- Make guidelines. Start the shell shape.
- Finish the bottom shell.
- Add two eyes.
- Start the two front arms.
- Finish with two claws.
- Draw six symmetrical legs.
- Add details to the legs and shell.
- Draw lots of shells around the crab.
- Trace with a marker and color with crayons or pencil crayons.