If you learn how to draw a tropical fish, you can start to appreciate just how many different kinds of fish there are swimming around in the ocean right now.
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
LOOKING FOR MORE DRAWING PROJECT IDEAS?
There are 200 fun and easy drawing tutorials made just for young artists in my giant How To Draw ebook.
All were created with lots of hands on classroom testing, and designed to take beginner artists from the first step to the last with clear and simple diagrams.
It’s all you need to provide hours of drawing fun with tutorials for Animals, Fish, Insects, Birds, Landscapes, Plants, Transportation, People and much more. Just click on the book or title to learn more.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Tropical Fish
- Make guidelines. Start the back half of the body.
- Add the front half of the body.
- Draw a tail with the shapes shown.
- Add lips, eye and stripes.
- Add lines in the tail and spikes on top.
- Add two fins.
- Add lines to fins. Draw two flippers.
- Add coral and a sand line.
- Trace with a marker and color with lots of bright colors.