Learn how to draw a Chinese Dragon with this easy step by step tutorial. You won’t want to miss any one of his cool details.
There are more than a few dragon tutorials on the website, but the kind that you would associate with Chinese celebrations have a look that is all their own. The body is more like a snake, the feet with distinct claws, and spikes running down the entire back, and so on.
The trick in drawing one is to figure out how to get some main shapes in place, and then add lots (and lots!) of detail. This tutorial should do the trick for those that really want to draw something that looks like the original, without getting hopelessly frustrated in the process.
- How to Draw a Chinese Dragon (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Chinese Dragon
- Fold or print guide lines. Start the body.
- Add a matching curve line.
- Draw the head, open mouth and tongue.
- Add two legs and feet on the close side.
- Add two legs and feet on the far side.
- Draw the belly line with stripes.
- Add the spikes on the back.
- Finish with a fiery looking tail.
- Trace with marker and color.