Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial video for how to draw a Candy Cane and a Candy Cane Coloring Page. A pretty bow will add some extra holiday color.
Candy Cane Drawing
Candy Cane Tutorial Video
The basic candy cane shape is pretty easy to draw, but this How to Draw a Candy Cane tutorial will share some tips on how to make it look a little more real.
First the cane shape needs to be as large as space allows, and the width even from one end to the other. Second, the stripes will make the cane look round (instead of flat) if they have a gentle curve to them. Third, a very fat bow with wavy ribbon will add a final festive look and a bit more color too. Here’s how a clever reader used this tutorial to decorate her Christmas presents. Love how the white pops off that brown kraft paper!
For those learning about the Elements of Art, this simple drawing can show the power that lines have to make something look dimensional. They keep this candy cane from looking like it was cut out of paper, but instead, perhaps drawn from real life!
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Pin me to your Pinterest Board
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw a Candy Cane Easy
- Draw a very large candy cane.
- Start the ribbon with a circle.
- Draw two bow shapes.
- Add the ribbons below.
- Draw the inside edges of bows.
- Start the candy stripes.
- Continue the stripes to the ends.
- Erase the gray cane lines.
- Trace with marker and color.