Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw Mickey Mouse like Peter Max, and a Mickey Mouse Coloring Page.
Draw Mickey Mouse like the artist Peter Max
Peter Max is a German-American artist known for his love of bright colors. His bright Pop Art style has been turning heads since his 1965 cover photo for LIFE Magazine.
Max’s life history is just about as colorful as his paintings. Here are few fun facts about this what he has accomplished:
• Max was commissioned by the U.S. Postal Service to create the first 40 cent stamp. Additionally, his artwork entitled “Preserve the Environment” was used for the first 10 cent U.S. postage stamp.
• On July 4th, 1976 Max began his annual July 4th tradition of painting a large portrait of the Statue of Liberty, this is still a custom that he continues to this day.
• Max has had the honor of painting six U.S. Presidents portraits (Carter, Ford, Bush, Reagan, Clinton and Obama) along with many other commissions for the White House.
This tutorial will show students how to draw Mickey Mouse in the style that Peter once did, and then they can fill in the background as desired. If they take a cue from Peter, it will be with lots of colors.
“My life’s journey has been an odyssey through time and space, filled with vivid moments, abundant with color, dazzling with sights, and vibrant with euphonic sounds. These moments collectively create my story, not only of who I was but also of who I was to become – an artist living in New York City, where I have been fortunate to reach a global audience with my art and philosophy.” — Peter Max
Pin me to your Pinterest Board
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Mickey Mouse Coloring Page
Materials for How to Draw Mickey Mouse
- Black Sharpie Marker (affiliate link)
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Step by Step Directions for How to Draw Mickey Mouse
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw Mickey Mouse
- Start with a large circle.
- Add a curl for the nose.
- Draw the bottom of the mouth.
- Erase lines and add eyes, nose and tongue.
- Add the face line and ears.
- Start the body below.
- Draw two simple arms.
- Add finger lines and buttons.
- Trace with a marker and color.