Here’s a rocket drawing easy enough for even first graders to try. And since every rocket needs a window so you can draw yourself inside, right?
If you are ready for an extra challenge, try shading the background from black to purple or blue. Sometimes even ordinary supplies, like crayons, can produce some pretty extraordinary results.
For many more drawing tutorials, please see my popular How To Draw ebook with over 200 lessons. It’s available in my PDF Shop, along with many others that are made for young artists just learning how to draw.
- View and download Rocket Tutorial
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
- Draw the rocket with a pencil.
- Trace the drawing with a black marker.
- Erase any extra pencil lines.
- Color the rocket and space carefully with crayons. Don’t take any shortcuts with the background, it won’t look very impressive if you have a scribbly sky.
Submit your review