Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Rocket and a Rocket Coloring Page. The simple shapes keep it easy for even the younger artists.
Learning how to draw a rocket with a more old-fashioned look makes it easy for students of all age. Just mastering that curved body at an angle is tricky for some. If it helps, encourage students to rotate their paper a bit so they can draw their rocket straight going up and down.
Older students that are ready for an extra challenge may like to try shading the background from black to purple or blue. Sometimes even ordinary supplies, like crayons, can produce some pretty extraordinary results, when extra effort is given.
Whatever media they choose to use though, this is one drawing that that benefits from neat coloring. The darker the sky color, the brighter the rocket by contrast.
Join my Email List below to get this Instant Download!
Rocket Coloring Page
Rocket Tracing Page
Materials to Draw a Rocket
- Drawing Paper. You can buy this brand in bulk and it’s not that expensive.
- Pencils. Don’t waste your money on the cheapest brand. These make nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. The perfect medium size tip marker.
- Crayola Crayons. They have a few of my favorite colors, like their light blue.
- Prang Crayons. These are eco-friendly and some colors work almost like oil pastels.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step how to Draw a Rocket
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Rocket
- Daw the main frame shape.
- Add two fins on the side.
- Draw a round window.
- Add curved line details.
- Make flame shapes out of the end.
- Add the curve lines of the earth.
- Draw a distant planet and ring.
- Fill in the sky with stars.
- Trace with marker and color.