I made this “How to Draw like Paul Klee” tutorial to guide students in a continuous line drawing that would look a lot like Klee’s famous painting.
This drawing is made by following the “up” and “down” and “over” directions shown on my diagram page. The fact that the finished art will look a lot like a famous Klee painting means a little art history may addressed as well. You can learn much more about Paul Klee at Artsy.net.
• Draw like Klee Tutorial
• Premium Construction paper, dark colors work best
• Marker, black, chisel tip
• Colored pencils
PREP: Print a colored tutorial for students to share.
1. For students in kinder through 2nd grade, I would consider directing the drawing with them one a board. Older students would probably be fine by following my sheet on their own.
2. When the drawing is done, it needs to be traced with a thick black marker.
3. Students color in all the closed shapes with colored pencils.