Learn how to draw a Bird with this easy step by step tutorial. A chubby little body and big eyes makes him extra fun to draw.
This step by step bird tutorial is simple but stays true to the natural form. Whether it be a Blue Jay, a Cardinal or a Finch, the body and wing shape here can be applied to all types of species.
This drawing tutorial could be a good choice of study for actual birds. It could be a fun challenge to go bird watching with friends and family then attempt to recreate what types of birds you saw!
- How to Draw a Bird (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Bird
- Start the body with a round shape.
- Attach a head with a point.
- Erase line and add large eye and beak.
- Draw a wing.
- Erase line and add tail.
- Add lots of feather details.
- Draw a branch underneath.
- Add leaves on the branch, clouds in the sky.
- Trace with marker and color.